WHAT IS VAGINOPLASTY?
The female vagina is a muscular tube extending from the woman’s vulva (external genitalia) to the cervix of her uterus. The vulva itself is comprised of many anatomical features including the labia, clitoris, glands and vaginal opening.
Disease, atrophy, genetic condition, trauma or disfigurement are reasons that your vagina can become loose and slack. However, the most common reason is childbirth because the vaginal muscles are forced to stretch during delivery. The result is long term problems such as sexual dysfunction and bodily incontinence, among others. However, sagging vaginal muscles can negatively impact a woman’s self-esteem and comfort.
Corrective gynecological treatments have been available for many years. In fact, Vaginoplasty began as a procedure to treat women with impaired vaginas from birth defects to have normal menstruation, urination and sexual functions. Now, Vaginoplasty is widely recognized as a form of Vaginal Rejuvenation for an improved lifestyle, as well as, health concerns. Also, men undergoing a sex reassignment operation can utilize vaginoplasty for a more complete transition.
CANDIDATES FOR VAGINOPLASTY
Women in general good health looking to gain confidence and well-being in the vaginal region. It is especially recommended for women who have given vaginal birth and/or over the age 45 years.
TYPES OF VAGINAL SURGERIES
VAGINOPLASTYVaginoplasty is a reconstructive surgery that tightens and reshapes the vaginal cavity usually from the opening (introits) to the cervix. This is done by using patient-derived tissue (autologous tissue) to create regions of the vulvovaginal complex. The direct benefit is a vagina restored to normal pre-pregnancy size and firmness. Patients also enjoy better sexual enhancement as the result of becoming “re-virginized.” This is the result of tighter vaginal muscles causing increased friction during intercourse in a 98% success rate. In the remaining 2% of patients, minor modifications can be made to obtain improved results.